JIT compilers for Python, what is the latest news?

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 5 04:39:07 EDT 2013

On Friday, April 5, 2013 1:27:40 AM UTC-7, Chris Angelico wrote:
> 1) Can you optimize your algorithms? Three days of processing is... a LOT.

Neural network training.  Yes, it takes a long time.  Still, it's not the most tedious code I run.  I also do molecular-dynamics simulations with GROMACS, those runs can take over a week!

> 2) Rewrite some key portions in C, possibly using Cython (as MRAB suggested).

And as I replied to MRAB, my limiting code is within Numpy.  I've taken care to look for ways that I might have been using Numpy itself inefficiently (and I did find a problem once: fixing it tripled my execution speed).  But I would like to think that Numpy itself, since it is already a C extension, should be optimal.