Python pdb bug, followed by bug in bugs.python.org

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Tue Apr 9 18:17:28 EDT 2013

In article <a34e8251-85df-4486-b5a1-72eb2bb9f353 at googlegroups.com>,
 donaldcallen at gmail.com wrote:

> I am I've developed an application in Python 3.3.1 (on an up-to-date 64-bit
> Arch Linux system) and am attempting to use pdb to debug it. I am getting
> incorrect stack traces. I've made up a little 10-line program that
> illustrates the problem and I attempted to register on the bug-tracker site,
> unsuccessfully, to file a bug report. I followed the link in the email and
> got a "broken form" error message when I attempted to log in to the
> bug-tracker. I then tried replying to the verification email, and got some
> other form of brokenness in reply.

I was just able to create a new user by through the link from the
bugs.python.org web page and then clicking on the link in the confirming
email (although it did take a couple of hours for the confirming email
to arrive).   There is a meta tracker for problems with the Python
issuer tracker itself:

http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/

but you do have to register for that tracker (a separate registration).
If you are able to supply more details, we might be able to follow up on
the registration problem.  And,  as someone else suggested, you could
post the details of the pdb problem here.  Note, there are already a
number of currently open issues with pdb reported on the bug tracker.
If you haven't already, you could search for "pdb" and see if your
problem has been reported.  Thanks for bringing the problem(s) up!

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org