python-noob - which container is appropriate for later exporting into mySql + matplotlib ?

someone newsboost at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 16:52:40 EDT 2013

On 04/12/2013 06:58 PM, Cousin Stanley wrote:
> someone wrote:
>
>> As you can see, on my system I
>> had to use:
>>
>>    print row[0] , row[1]
>>
>> instead of:
>>
>>    print row[ 'xtime' ] , row[ 'col4' ]
>>
>> I'm not sure exactly why
>
>    The magic there is setting up the row_factory
>    after the database connection ....
>
>      dbc = DBM.connect( 'some.sql3' )
>
>      dbc.row_factory = DBM.Row

Ah, thanks a lot - now it works! This is much more "user-friendly"...

>> I don't really know what's the difference
>> between sqlite3 and mysql...
>
>    MySQL is used through a client/server system
>    where the db server is always running
>    and client processes submit requests to it
>    in the form of sql statements ....
>
>    SQLite is used as a stand-alone single process
>    with no external server involved ....

Ok, I see... So SQLite is very good for "practicing"... I'll remember
that, thank you.

>    Both speak sql but there are some differences
>    mostly in data base connection strings
>    and data type declarations ....
>
>    Basic sql selection is ....
>
>      select these fields
>      from   these files
>      where  these conditions are met
>
>    And that part of sql doesn't vary much
>    among different data base managers ....

Great, thank you very much...

Looks like everything is on track now... I just have to sit and play
with it and make a good interface with matplotlib, but I think I should
be able to come up with something nice, based on the help I god in this
thread...

Thanks again... I just love this python language - makes it possible to
do so much, in so little time and without being an expert at all...