python-noob - which container is appropriate for later exporting into mySql + matplotlib ?

someone newsboost at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:00:40 EDT 2013

On 04/13/2013 01:26 AM, Cousin Stanley wrote:
> someone wrote:

>> So SQLite is very good for "practicing"
>
>    Yes it is but it is also very good
>    for much more than just practice ....
>
>    Check the wikipedia info ....
>
>      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sqlite

Very interesting...

>      "It is arguably the most widely deployed database engine,
>       as it is used today by several widespread browsers,
>       operating systems, and embedded systems, among others"
>
>    The firefox browser keeps different sqlite database files
>    for various uses ....

I should remember to use this in the future for my small apps...

>    If you use firefox check its default directory
>    and you will see several files with .sqlite
>    file type extensions ....
>
>    Under debian debian linux ....
>
>      ~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default

You're right:

/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/addons.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/chromeappsstore.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/content-prefs.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/cookies.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/downloads.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/extensions.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/formhistory.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/permissions.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/places.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/search.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/signons.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/urlclassifier3.sqlite
/home/myUser/.mozilla/firefox/pv079lxv.default/webappsstore.sqlite

Very interesting, I didn't knew that :-)

>    Many programmers, including pythonistas,
>    use sqlite for a convenient and persistent
>    data store where data can be stashed now
>    and used later in many different ways
>    through the diversity of sql selections ....

I'll try to do this in the future also... I just have to practice a bit
more with the SQL commands, but now I can create, update, delete, query
and I guess that's the most important things to know :-)

Thanks for your help and for providing interesting background info :-)