unzipping a zipx file

b_erickson1 brian at dashley.net
Fri Apr 19 13:59:26 EDT 2013

I have python 2.6.2 and I trying to get it to unzip a file made with winzip pro.  The file extension is zipx.  This is on a windows machine where I have to send them all that files necessary to run.  I am packaging this with py2exe.  I can open the file with
zFile = zipfile.ZipFile(fullPathName,'r')
and I can look through all the file in the archive
for filename in zFile.namelist():
but when I write the file out with this code:
            ozFile = open(filename,'w')
            ozFile.write(zFile.read(filename))
            ozFile.close()
that file still looks encrypted.  No errors are thrown.  The file is just a text file not a jpeg or anything else.  I can open the file with 7zip and extract the text file out just fine.

What am I missing?

Thanks