Spoiler alert? (Re: Programming puzzle with boolean circuits)

John Ladasky john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 9 21:39:18 CET 2013

It has been ages since I've thought about logic gates, but...

(Spoiler alert?  I'm not sure...)
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .
 .

My thought is that with two NOT logic gates, you can only build a flip-flop memory circuit.  That strongly suggests to me that a memory circuit would actually be used to solve the problem somehow.

I'm thinking that feedback loops would have to be involved, no matter what the solution is.  A need for feedback loops would make it very hard to write code to look for the solution automatically.  The dimensionality of the search space will be high.