GUI:-please answer want to learn GUI programming in python , how should i proceed.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 14 19:11:58 CET 2013

On 14/12/2013 17:42, rurpy at yahoo.com wrote:

> wxPython currently runs only with Python2, not Python3.  There
> is a drag-and-drop form designer available for it but it is a
> commercial product that costs money.  It also comes with a
> useable (once you get used to it) form builder tool that works
> by graphically manipulating a text tree of widgets.

Development versions which support Python 3 are available here
http://wxpython.org/Phoenix/snapshot-builds/  Unfortunately they've not
been updated since 3rd December.  I've asked why and been told that
Robin Dunn is simply too busy.  There's Open Source for you :)

>> As a side point, though: You're using Google Groups to post, which
>> means your posts look messy, because GG doesn't follow internet
>> standards. Short of getting into Google and fixing Groups, the best
>> solution is to avoid using it; you can either use some other
>> newsreader (several here swear by Mozilla Thunderbird), or subscribe
>> to the email list, which carries all the same content:

>> Either way will spare you and us the hassles of malformed posts.
>
> Chris and some other people here dislike Google Groups and
> try to imply that everyone here feels the same way.  Not true.
>
> I and many other people here use Google Groups and have been
> doing so for years so if Google Groups works for you, please
> feel free to continue using it.
>
> If you want to reduce the noise level from people like Chris
> you might want to take a look at:
>
>    https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython

Of course I dislike Google Groups, users keep sending double spaced crap
which I don't want to see.  There is no "noise level" from people like
Chris, which obviously includes me.  There is a constant stream of
polite requests not to send double spaced crap which we do not wish to
see.  There are at least two solutions to this, follow the instructions
in the link repeated above for the umpteenth time or use a different tool.

what you can do for our language.

Mark Lawrence