Do you feel bad because of the Python docs?

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 06:57:05 CET 2013


On Feb 28, 2:53 pm, Rick Johnson <rantingrickjohn... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:18:46 PM UTC-6, alex23 wrote:
> > You claim that no one has time to write a bug report. I point out that
> > if they can spend the time ranting about the bug, then they have the
> > time.
>
> And i would like to point out that all your nay-saying and condemnations are taking some valuable time also. Time that could be better spent finding new ways for our "new friends" to contribute.

This is a false conclusion. Why would I spend time doing this when I
don't believe it's necessary?

> * Do you care about the evolution of Python or just give it lip service?

I don't see any problems with how Python is developing now. Then
again, I am pretty busy using it to write code.

> * Do you have an ideas for the name of a Python grievance list?

http://bugs.python.org/

> * What are your opinions of the state of both Tkinter and IDLE? Are you proud of these modules/packages?

I don't use them, nor do I need to feel "pride" about any part of the
Python standard library. Either something is useful to me or not.

> * Why do you support Guido's continued reign of silence?

Why do you inject hyperbole into everything you write?

> * But most importantly, do you not want the community/language to evolve or remain static?

I already answered that above. You, on the other hand, constantly
dodge any direct questions or criticisms. Can you provide a link to
your "improved" tkinter package on PyPI? Where is your draft PEP for
its inclusion in the standard library? How is RickPython proceeding?

> What is your opinion on anything "Python related" Alex?

My biggest opinion is that you're a ridiculous little blowhard that
this "community" would be better off without. My biggest regret re
Python is that you found it more appealing than Ruby and we got
saddled with you instead.

Other than that, I use it daily to *get real work done*. What do you
do with it other than use it as a soapbox for your ego?

> All i've heard from you is negativity, condemnation, and insults -- with exception of your statements about the GG's interface the other day, all your other posts have been nothing but lectures to myself and other concerned Python uses.

And here you descend into slander. I condemn *you* because you're a
contemptible twit with delusions of grandeur. I lecture *you* because
you'e particularly slow and dim-witted. As for "other concerned Python
uses", the last few threads we've both posted in I've provided
pragmatic advice, if not explicit code samples, while you have done
your usual posturing and grandiose bulshytt. You responded to a
request for advice on learning how to handle complex projects with:

"Before you decide to start participating in outside projects may we
have a list of some of the software you've written for yourself? (With
all due respect) I very seriously doubt that someone with only a "few
months" of programming experience is ready for the real world."

And you have the audacity to claim that I'm the one lecturing other
people... Who do you think you are, the Python-participation police?



More information about the Python-list mailing list