ANN: pathlib 0.8
solipsis at pitrou.net
Fri Mar 1 23:38:28 CET 2013
pathlib 0.8 has been released at https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pathlib/
- Add PurePath.name and PurePath.anchor.
- Add Path.owner and Path.group.
- Add Path.replace().
- Add Path.as_uri().
- Issue #10: when creating a file with Path.open(), don't set the executable
- Issue #11: fix comparisons with non-Path objects.
What is pathlib?
pathlib offers a set of classes to handle filesystem paths. It offers the
following advantages over using string objects:
* No more cumbersome use of os and os.path functions. Everything can be
done easily through operators, attribute accesses, and method calls.
* Embodies the semantics of different path types. For example, comparing
Windows paths ignores casing.
* Well-defined semantics, eliminating any warts or ambiguities (forward vs.
backward slashes, etc.).
Python 3.2 or later is recommended, but pathlib is also usable with Python 2.7.
The full documentation can be read at `Read the Docs
The issue tracker and repository are hosted by `BitBucket
More information about the Python-list