ANN: MacroPy: quasiquotes, case classes, LINQ and more! Now available on PyPI

Haoyi Li haoyi.sg at gmail.com
Wed May 8 16:09:53 EDT 2013

Hey All,

MacroPy is an implementation of Macros in Python which lets you very easily modify the semantics of a python program. Apart from the implementation of macros themselves, we also have a pretty impressive list of feature demos that were implemented on top of macros:

- Quasiquotes, a quick way to manipulate fragments of a program
- String Interpolation, a common feature in many languages
- Pyxl, integrating XML markup into a Python program
- Tracing and Smart Asserts
- Case Classes, easy Algebraic Data Types from Scala
- Pattern Matching from the Functional Programming world
- LINQ to SQL from C#
- Quick Lambdas from Scala and Groovy,
- Parser Combinators, inspired by Scala's.

The full documentation is over on github (https://github.com/lihaoyi/macropy) if anyone wants to check it out. It runs fine on both CPython 2.7 and PyPy 1.9, and I've just pushed the last up-to-date version of MacroPy to PyPI:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/MacroPy

Hope someone finds this useful!

Thanks!
-Haoyi