hg.python.org: Server unresponsive and timeout

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Wed Oct 2 06:20:42 EDT 2013

Tae Wong <seotaewong40 at gmail.com> writes:

> When you try to connect to hg.python.org, the connection takes
> forever.

(Note that this is the community discussion forum for the Python
langauge; it is perhaps not the best forum to report problems with
python.org infrastructure.)

What client are you using to connect? Is there an exact command that we
can try, to see whether the problem is reproducible?

> How to fix this server issue?

The monitor site <URL:http://status.python.org/> says that
‘hg.python.org’ is operational when I check, so whoever investigates the
problem will need more detail on what you're trying to do and what
exactly isn't working.

--
 \          “The fact that I have no remedy for all the sorrows of the |
  `\     world is no reason for my accepting yours. It simply supports |