Cookie gets changed when hit comes from a referrer

Ian Kelly ian.g.kelly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 00:53:53 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 8:18 AM, Νίκος Αλεξόπουλος <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Also i have set:
> ookie['ID']['expires'] = 60*60*24*365           #this cookie will expire in
> a year

The Expires attribute takes a date.  If you're passing an interval in
seconds then you should use the Max-Age attribute instead.

That said, I think I misunderstood the problem initially.  You are
saying that when the user is on another site, and they press the
browser's Back button to return to your page, your host is not
recording a visit from the cookie you've given them?  This is probably
happening because the browser is not actually sending a request to
your web server when it navigates back, unless the user specifically
requests a refresh.  Otherwise, most browsers will just use the cached
page already in memory in this situation.  As far as the server is
concerned, nothing has happened.