Sexism in the Ruby community: how does the Python community manage it?

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Thu Oct 17 15:26:04 EDT 2013

Op 17-10-13 16:38, Danyelle Davis schreef:
> I am a woman and all I can say to these things is.. Bringing light to
> these things do nothing but give attention to the attention seeking..
> yea the names are dumb.  But does it ever stop me. No.  Mainly because
> ignore the college/boyish mentality that is associated with names like
> that.

If that is correct than that speaks volumes for the sorry state the
python community would be in. Just imagine there were modules with names
that had racist or homofobic overtones. Would you suggest bringing
light to these things would do nothing but give attention to the
attention seeking?

If bringing such things to light only gives attention to the attention
seeking, that means the community is still soaked in bigotry and I
hope the community is better than that.

--
Antoon Pardon