Python Front-end to GCC

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 14:59:12 EDT 2013

On Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:15:43 AM UTC+5:30, zipher wrote:
> Clearly the python list has been taken over by TheKooks.  Notice he
> did not respond to the request.  Since we are talking about digital
> computers (with digital memory), I'm really curious what the hex value
> for NaN is to initialize my arrays....

I dont see how thats any more relevant than:
Whats the hex value of the add instruction?

Presumably floating point numbers are used for FP operations
FP operations barf on nans
So a mis-initialized array in which a nan shows up can be easily caught

Yes nans are not one value but a class
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19957-01/806-3568/ncg_math.html

but so what?