cmd.exe on WIndows - problem with displaying some Unicode characters

Wiktor look at signature.invalid
Mon Aug 4 16:24:33 EDT 2014

On Mon, 04 Aug 2014 15:17:04 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

>>    I'm taking next step, so I tried to draw nice frame around menu (that's
>> why I posted yesterday).
>
> Is there no working codepage with ascii text and the line chars? I
> suppose I am not surprised if not.

  With single line (└┘┌┐─│├┤┬┴┼) and double line (╣║╗╝╚╔╩╦╠═╬) - many
codepages, CP852 for sure.

  With corners/crosses where single and double lines meet (╖╘╡╢╕╜╛╞╟
╧╨╤╥╙╘╒╓╫╪) - I know only one: CP437.

  But I can't have both - Polish letters and all those line chars, so I
can't do this fancy frame from first post with Polish strings inside. There
will be simpler version instead.

--
Best regards,     Wiktor Matuszewski
'py{}@wu{}em.pl'.format('wkm', 'ka')