newbee

alister alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com
Thu Aug 14 07:59:15 EDT 2014

On Wed, 13 Aug 2014 15:31:37 -0400, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 8/13/2014 7:55 AM, alister wrote:
>>
>> I am not in the same league as many of the posters here when it comes
>> to Python but fortunately i do have two Raspberry Pi's :-)
>
> Great! We really someone with hands-on experience.

I Hope the missing word there is welcome :-)

>> if you are running the Pi connected to a TV/Monitor with the Gui
>> enabled then you should have access to Idle
>
> Have you verified that Idle *does* (not just *should*) run on RPi? (That
> would mean having tcl/tk running, with whatever *it* requires on linux.)
> I am working on Idle and the idea of people (especially hobbyists,
> students, and other amateurs) running it on microsystems would really
> please me.

Yes it does, but i tend to run mine headless (X forwarding is still an
option though) but I prefer Geany, which i do run on the pi (with x
forwarding) with no issues, just remember the Pi is not a particularly
fast device.

>> If you have any more questions post them back &I hope I can help (Maybe
>> I can become useful to this group as the R-Pi expert,
>
> Answering questions, sometimes after experiment and research, is a great
> way to learn.

I would say it is the ONLY way to really learn, you never really
understand something until you have broken it and then fixed it or tried
to teach it to someone.

--
Dungeons and Dragons is just a lot of Saxon Violence.