Do you like the current design of python.org?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:27:56 EST 2014

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> The flaw is that when you get a 404, it claims that the maintainers have
> been notified, but they apparently don't do anything about it. They should
> be fixing broken links without waiting for somebody to raise an issue.
> Otherwise, what's the point of being notified?
>
> It's actually worse than that. By telling the end user that the maintainers
> have been notified, they *discourage* people from raising an issue. Why
> raise an issue for something that is already being attended too?

Okay, *that* is a design flaw. Though personally, I never believe
those "maintainers have been notified" pages. I mean, anyone can go
looking at their server error logs, but how many people *get
notified*?? And when does it *ever* result in prompt fixing of errors?

So even if this is the one site on the entire internet where that's
true, I'd be inclined to drop that text, because it's pretty much
useless.

ChrisA