Run Programming ?????

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 10:54:07 EST 2014

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 2:43 AM, Delgado Motto <riskyayuda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was specifically talking POCKETABLE devices so Phablet or Telephone
> preferably, simply hopeful as smaller machines continue to become more
> capable, but I expected as much of this being a problem. Thanks.

Those usually are terrible for any sort of programming. Typing on a
touch-screen - especially a tiny one - is tedious and error-prone, and
as mentioned, you often can't get a decent environment set up. Get
some real hardware, preferably with a free OS on it (Linux being the
most popular, but not the only, option), and carry around something
that sits on your lap instead of in your pocket, but can actually do
what you need it to. I've been carrying around a 14" or 15" laptop for
years, now, and I happily sit all the way up back of a bus, coding
away on an actual keyboard. (I recommend about that size,
incidentally. Smaller ones tend to feel cramped, larger ones have
trouble fitting in between other passengers. 14-15 inch is about
right.)

ChrisA