which is the right file path format in python3.4 ?

Irmen de Jong irmen.NOSPAM at xs4all.nl
Sun Dec 14 04:52:27 EST 2014

On 14-12-2014 10:05, sir wrote:
> My system is :win7+python3.4  .
>
> I want to write a new file "named names.txt"  in disk f:
>
>  >>> ff=open(r"F:\names.txt","w")
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'F:\\names.txt'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'F:/names.txt'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'F://names.txt'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'f://names.txt'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
> OSError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument: 'f:/names.txt'
>
> which is the right  file path format in python3.4 ?

They all should work. (They do on my machine when subtituting F with a drive letter that
exists here. Win 7, Python 3.4.2).

It's something else on your end that is causing the error. Is drive F: full? Do you have
the correct permissions? Is it a network share that has certain restrictions?
What exact python is is that you are running?

Irmen