question about input() and/or raw_input()

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Jan 19 15:09:22 EST 2014

On Sunday 19 January 2014 15:08:31 Roy Smith did opine:

> In article <lbh4oc$nqv$1 at reader1.panix.com>,
>
>  Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > I can still remember the point in my first trip to the UK when I
> > accidentally stumbled across darts on TV. Given the endless variety
> > (and quantity) of pointless crap that people watch here in the US, I
> > can't really explain why I was so baffled and amused by darts on TV --
> > but I was.
>
> What's so complicated?
>
> points = 501
> for dart in throws():
>    if points - dart == 0 and dart.is_double():
>       raise YouWin
>    if points - dart < 0:
>       continue
>    points -= dart
>    beer.drink()

Aren't you missing a fi there, or a next dart? ;-)

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
Required reading:
<http://culturalslagheap.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/elemental/>
Baseball is a skilled game.  It's America's game - it, and high taxes.
		-- The Best of Will Rogers
         law-abiding citizens.