[newbie] advice and comment wanted on first tkinter program

Jean Dupont jeandupont314 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 19 23:04:05 EST 2014

Op zaterdag 18 januari 2014 16:12:41 UTC+1 schreef Oscar Benjamin:
> On 18 January 2014 14:52, Jean Dupont <jeandupont314 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Peter and Terry Jan for the useful suggestions. One thing which I
> >find a bit weird: when asking for Python-help concerning raspberry pi code
> > or problems, a lot of people don't seem to be interested in helping out,
> > that's of course their choice, but maybe they don't seem to be aware the
> > raspberry pi is often the motivation for starting to learn to program in
> >Python. And as such such a reaction is a bit disappointing.
> Hi Jean,
> What makes you say that? Did you previously ask questions about
> Rasberry Pi code on this list?
It was not about code but about python-coding in IDLE (that's the default
on raspbian):
I started a thread "[newbie] starting geany from within idle does not
work" both here and in the raspberry pi forum. I just wondered why I never
got an answer concerning that topic.

> If you did I wouldn't have answered those questions because I've never
> used a Raspberry Pi and know nothing about them (except that they
> encourage using Python somehow). I think that there's actually a list
> that is specifically for Raspberry Pi Python questions that might be
> more helpful although I don't know what it is...
Here is the url to that forum

http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/

kind regards,
jean