Pip doesn't install my scripts
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick
kwpolska at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 11:44:19 CEST 2014
On Sat, Jul 19, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Yaşar Arabacı <yasar11732 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to package my file, but I am having problems with
> installing my Scripts. Here is my package:
> Here is my package's PyPi page: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/TkLsystem
> The problem I face is that, when I run `python setup.py install` from
> my development directory, I see that script file is installed.
> However, if I run `pip install TkLsystem`, my script file is not
> copied to Scripts directory.
> What am I doing wrong here?
Tons of things are wrong.
* SyntaxError: Non-ASCII character '\xc5' in file lsystem/__init__.py
on line 6, but no encoding declared; see
http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-0263/ for details
* you should not import your package in setup.py
* you are python 3-only for no real reason at all
* the zip on PyPI is for version 0.1.3. It ignores the version 0.1-5,
because of the dash, which should not be used in names of stable
* and, most importantly, you’re doing things using ancient methods.
Upgrade your setup.py to use setuptools, and its entry points
I’ve sent a PR to fix all of your errors:
Chris “Kwpolska” Warrick <http://chriswarrick.com/>
stop html mail | always bottom-post | only UTF-8 makes sense
More information about the Python-list