Lock Windows Screen GUI using python

Jaydeep Patil patil.jay2009 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 02:40:18 EDT 2014

On Tuesday, 3 June 2014 10:39:31 UTC+5:30, Ian  wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 10:28 PM, Jaydeep Patil <patil.jay2009 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
>
> > Can we Lock Windows Screen GUI till program runs & unlock screen GUI when program finishes?
>

> If you mean can you programmatically bring up the Windows lock screen,
>
> then you can do this:
>

> import ctypes
>
> ctypes.windll.user32.LockWorkStation()
>

> The only way to unlock it is for the user to log in.
>

> If you mean something else, you'll have to be more specific.

Hi Lan,

Currently I am doing some automation in python excel. It read the data & plots number of graphs. It took more than 20 minutes. So while running my python program if user clicks on excel, error came.

So just i want to lock GUI not workstation.

I hope you understand this.

Let me know if you have any idea about it.

Regards
Jaydeep Patil