OT: This Swift thing

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sat Jun 7 19:38:12 EDT 2014

On Sat, 07 Jun 2014 14:11:27 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

> And, why do you need a library routine to touch a memory location, when
> you can just dereference an integer? :-)

And in one sentence we have an explanation for 90% of security
vulnerabilities before PHP and SQL injection attacks...

C is not a safe language, and code written in C is not safe. Using C for
application development is like shaving with a cavalry sabre -- harder
than it need be, and you're likely to remove your head by accident.

--
Steven D'Aprano
http://import-that.dreamwidth.org/