Python While loop Takes too much time.

Jaydeep Patil patil.jay2009 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:32:23 EDT 2014

I have did excel automation using python.
In my code I am creating python dictionaries for different three columns data at a time.There are are many rows above 4000. Lets have look in below function. Why it is taking too much time?

Code:

def transientTestDict(self,ws,startrow,startcol):

        self.hwaDict = OrderedDict()
        self.yawRateDict = OrderedDict()

        rng = ws.Cells(startrow,startcol)

        while not rng.Value is None:
            r = rng.Row
            c = rng.Column

            time = rng.Value

            rng1 = rng.GetOffset(0,1)
            hwa = rng1.Value

            rng2 = rng.GetOffset(0,2)
            yawrate = rng2.Value

            self.hwaDict[time] = hwa,rng.Row,rng.Column
            self.yawRateDict[time] = yawrate,rng.Row,rng.Column

            rng = ws.Cells(r+1,c)

Please have look in above code & suggest me to improve speed of my code.

Regards
Jaydeep Patil