Job - Senior Python Engineer - User Interface Applications, Cambridge MA
scigenium at gmail.com
scigenium at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 17:24:38 CET 2014
Senior Python Engineer - User Interface Applications
Location : Cambridge MA
Who We Are:
Gen9 is transforming synthetic biology by creating novel technologies to increase innovation within several industries including biopharmaceuticals, fine chemicals and bio-fuels.
Currently such genes are synthesized 'one at a time' resulting in high-cost low-capacity gene synthesis capabilities in the marketplace. Gen9 is building the first 'fab' for synthetic biology -- the BioFab(R) platform -- based on next generation gene synthesis technologies. The BioFab(R) platform was chosen by "The Scientist" as the #1 innovation of 2012.
Gen9 is looking for a senior software engineer to contribute to software architecture that will help to scale our next-generation DNA synthesis platform. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with a range of responsibilities as a member of a small, efficient team.
* Design and develop user-friendly web-based applications to improve work flow management, support scale up of production processes, and query information for data mining and analysis to better enable all aspects of our business
* Support infrastructure and provide code base maintenance (documentation, testing, and revision control)
* Respond to R&D and Manufacturing requests for custom requirements on an as needed basis
* BS/ MS in computer science, bioinformatics, or related degree plus 5-7 years of industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 3+ years of experience using and developing within UNIX/Linux environments
* Demonstrated experience with SQL and database modeling
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively and with minimal supervision in a small collaborative team
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage numerous activities simultaneously
* Strong communication, documentation, and presentation skills
* Familiarity with biology is not required, but is beneficial
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume & cover letter to: resumes at gen9bio.com.
Please briefly describe your skills, knowledge, and experience with the Required Qualifications in your cover letter/email.
More information about the Python-list