[ANN]: distlib 0.1.8 released on PyPI
vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 14:13:38 CET 2014
I've released version 0.1.8 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers,
distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended
to be usable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Fixed issue #45: Improved thread-safety in SimpleScrapingLocator.
* Fixed issue #42: Handling of pre-release legacy version numbers
now mirrors setuptools logic.
* Added exists, verify, update, is_compatible and is_mountable methods
to the Wheel class (the update method fixed issue #41).
* Added a search method to the PackageIndex class.
* Fixed a bug in the Metadata.add_requirements method.
* Allowed versions with a single numeric component and a local version
component (tracking changes to PEP 440).* Corrected spelling of environment variable used for the stub launcher
on OS X.
* Avoided using pydist.json in 1.0 wheels (bdist_wheel writes a non-
* Improved computation of ABI tags on Python versions where SOABI is not
available, and improved computation of compatibility tags on OS X to
allow for multiple architectures and older OS X versions.
A more detailed change log is available at . Please try it out, and
if you find any problems or have any suggestions for improvements, please
give some feedback using the issue tracker! 
More information about the Python-list