Python and Math

Tim Golden mail at timgolden.me.uk
Mon May 19 15:18:54 EDT 2014

On 19/05/2014 20:07, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>>> Yesterday, I spent one hour attemepting to install IPython
>>
>>> for Py3.3 (win 7), I failed. I do not even succeed to
>>
>>> understand how. Pip, setuptools, whl or manualy with from the
>>
>>> zip... completely lost. There is always something not working.
>>

>>> This morning I installed Py 3.4.1. I do not even
>>
>>> succeed to put it to work.

I realise that this probably isn't very helpful, but I've just
successfully installed ipython on Python 3.3 and Python 3.4 (Win7
32-bit) by simply doing:

py -3.3 -mpip install ipython

py -3.4 -mpip install ipython

Since I don't have the various c:\pythonxx\scripts folders on my path, I
did then have to launch it explictly:

c:\python33\scripts\ipython

but it was no harder than that.

What problems are you experiencing?