what can i do to improve my skill after finished python course on codecademy

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 23:10:36 CET 2014

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 9:01 AM, alister
<alister.nospam.ware at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> find a task you need a solution too.
> are there any regular admin task you perform that could be automated?
> do you have any hobbies that could benefit from computerisation?
>
> genuine tasks are always better that those created purely to teach

I agree, but also, pick something that's small and self-contained. Try
to find a project that you can complete (to the point of usability)
within a day, or at most a week, preferably within the space of a page
or two of code. As an added advantage, you'll be able to ask for code
review, here or somewhere else; you can learn a lot by writing your
code first, and then having other programmers offer comments. (Note
that I didn't say "better programmers" or even "more senior
programmers". It's called "peer review" in some circles, because the
point is that anyone can learn from anyone else.)

ChrisA