Efficient Threading

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Nov 15 07:29:48 CET 2014

On 14Nov2014 18:42, Empty Account <emptya45 at gmail.com> wrote:
>I am thinking about writing a load test tool in Python, so I am interested
>in how I can create the most concurrent threads/processes with the fewest
>OS resources. I would imagine that I/O would need to be non-blocking.
>
>There are a number of options including standard library threading, gevent,
>stackless python, cython parallelism etc. Because I am new to Python, I am
>unsure on which libraries to choose. I am not really bothered on the tool
>chain, just as long as it is Python related (so I'd use PyPy for example).

The locust.io load test tool uses gevent and seems to like it. I do not know
enough to make a recommendation myself, but I believe they use it for the same
reasons you have.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>

Whatever is not nailed down is mine.  What I can pry loose is not nailed
down. - Collis P. Huntingdon