[ANN] pdb-clone 1.9 - a fast clone of pdb with the remote debugging and attach features
Xavier de Gaye
xdegaye at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 13:23:50 CEST 2014
pdb-clone 1.9 has been released at Pypi: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pdb-clone
* Improve significantly pdb performance. With breakpoints, pdb-clone runs just above the speed of the interpreter while pdb runs at 10 to 100 times the speed of the interpreter.
* Extend pdb with remote debugging. A remote debugging session may be started when the program stops at a `pdb.set_trace_remote()` hard-coded breakpoint, or at any time and multiple times by
attaching to the process main thread. This feature is implemented in the py3 and py2.7 versions of pdb-clone.
* Fix pdb long standing bugs entered in the python issue tracker.
* Add a bdb comprehensive test suite (more than 70 tests) and run both the Python pdb and pdb-clone bdb test suites.
* Three versions of pdb-clone are supported:
* The py3 version of pdb-clone runs on python3 from python 3.2 onward.
* The py2.7 vesion runs on python 2.7.
* The py2.4 version runs on all python versions from 2.4 to 2.7 included.
The pdb command line interface remains unchanged except for the new `detach` and `thread` pdb commands. All the versions of pdb-clone implement the most recent python3 features of pdb, as defined in
More information about the Python-list