SOAPpy: Expected to find node type 'Element' with name 'CountriesFetchingRequest'; Found node type 'Element' with name 'FetchCountries'

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 22 08:53:51 CEST 2014

vek.m1234 at gmail.com writes:

> I'm messing with SOAP, trying to write a small library to handle stuff I buy from Aramex (shipper). I'm learning XML/SOAP and I'm familiar with RPC from C (Stevens) but no other relevant experience. If this is incredibly dumb just ignore it since I'll probably figure it out eventually.
> The trouble is I don't understand how to call 'CoutriesFetchingRequest' or pass it to FetchCountries. Could someone clarify?

I have no experience with "SOAPpy", but with "suds" (another Python
SAOP client). A "suds" client exposes two attributes "factory"
and "service". You use the "factory" to create Python objects
for types defined by the WSDL; you then set  their attributes with standard
Python means (maybe involving other "factory" calls). Finally
you call the methods via the "service" attribute passing arguments
of the appropiate type in the normal Python way.

I suppose, it is similar with "SOAPpy". Looking at its documentation
and/or its examples may provide you with the necessary details.
Otherwise, you could also use "suds".