Python discussed in Nature

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 17:45:55 EST 2015

On Sat, Feb 14, 2015 at 6:40 AM, John Ladasky
<john_ladasky at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> The default font that the Geany program editor uses on my Ubuntu system renders everything I've tried.  When I look up that font in Geany's Preferences menu, it is called, simply, "monospace".

That's a font alias. Unfortunately, I've never yet figured out a
straight-forward way to snap the pointer; the best I can suggest is to
go through your concrete font names and find one that looks the same.

I use the same "Monospace" font for my MUD client's default. It's a
good solid default, and I can guarantee that it "exists" on all
systems, even if specific other fonts might not (especially given that
I support three popular OSes). On my Debian system, it looks like
"Monospace" == "DejaVu Sans Mono", so you could try looking at that.

ChrisA