Python shell: Arrow keys not working in PuTTY

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 12:34:38 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 4:27 AM, Laura Creighton <lac at openend.se> wrote:
> And it is time for me to get on a train.  Can somebody please, please
> make sure the OP doesn't shoot himself in the foot?

We don't have that capability, but we can at least make sure that
there are appropriate warning signs on both the gun and the foot,
saying "do not use these components together". :)

Normally I'd just recommend the use of 'make altinstall' and no
scariness; that's usually enough for preserving a system Python.

ChrisA