Python 3 regex?

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Tue Jan 13 05:36:38 CET 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:48:18 +0000, Ian wrote:

> My recommendation would be to write a recursive decent parser for your
> files.
>
> That way will be easier to write,

I know that writing parsers is a solved problem in computer science, and
that doing so is allegedly one of the more trivial things computer
scientists are supposed to be able to do, but the learning curve to write
parsers is if anything even higher than the learning curve to write a
regex.

I wish that Python made it as easy to use EBNF to write a parser as it
makes to use a regex :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Backus–Naur_Form

--
Steven