Django-DMARC making it easier to manage DMARC reports - Beta 0.1.3 on PyPI

Alan Hicks ahicks at p-o.co.uk
Sun Mar 15 08:20:55 EDT 2015

On 13/03/2015 11:58, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 9:16 PM, Alan Hicks <ahicks at p-o.co.uk> wrote:
>> With defending reputations as important as receiving email I'm pleased to
>> announce another beta of django-dmarc 0.1.3 is released to PyPI.
>> https://pypi.python.org/pypi/django-dmarc
>>
>> The Django DMARC project aims to help with implementing DMARC "Domain-based
>> Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance" and ongoing monitoring by
>> importing feedback reports about messages that pass and/or fail DMARC
>> evaluation into a more easily digested format.
>
> Welcome to irony. Your message got dropped into my Gmail spam box
> because DMARC is incompatible with mailing lists.
>
> Until that can be resolved, I don't want to deploy either end of DMARC
> for any of my domains or mail servers.
>
> ChrisA

Mailing lists are an issue on many levels, and dmarc has an faq that may
help http://dmarc.org/faq/receivers/#r_2

I take your point, though when defending a reputation, dmarc along with
spf and dkim are tools that can help.  Gmail are in the process of
implementing dmarc, try dig _dmarc.gmail.com txt for their current
policy.  My company along with many others has previously been
impersonated by asian spam (Korean I think).  With a few clients that
deal internationally including asia it's important to be pro-active and
address spam both for my company and as a good netizen reduce the effect
on others as well - we all win.  It's work in progress hence django-dmarc.

Alan