Dict comprehensions - improvement to docs?

Lele Gaifax lele at metapensiero.it
Tue Mar 17 10:06:08 EDT 2015

"Frank Millman" <frank at chagford.com> writes:

> It seems that a dict comp is noticeably faster.
>
> Does this sound right, or are there other factors I should be taking into
> account?

The dict comp does not execute any function call. Consider the following:

    $ python3 -m timeit "d=dict()"
    10000000 loops, best of 3: 0.113 usec per loop
    $ python3 -m timeit "d={}"
    10000000 loops, best of 3: 0.0601 usec per loop

ciao, lele.
lele at metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.