TCP sockets python timeout public IP adresss

mm0fmf none at mailinator.com
Sun Mar 29 06:14:29 EDT 2015

On 29/03/2015 09:57, bobbydeep wrote:

 From the error (10060) it looks like Windows but it would be nice if
you could say which Python and OS you were using.

I haven't looked at your code but just taking at face value that it does
work internally.

> server_address = ('my-server-ipadress', 1999)

Next thing to check is whether you have permission to open arbitrary
ports on the server and whether they are firewalled off. For example, I
have a shell account on the server that hosts my webpages and I can run
ftp / scp to move files across the internet. However, I cannot open say
port 54321 to the internet and accept connections on it.