Inner workings of this Python feature: Can a Python data structure reference itself?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun May 3 09:08:14 EDT 2015

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 10:59 PM, vasudevram <vasudevram at gmail.com> wrote:
> Re. statement of fact vs. hypotheses. While I'm not sure of your exact meaning in that paragraph, I understand the concept, and yes, I was not clear enough in phrasing that part. It should have read like something along these lines:
>
> Observations -> One or more hypotheses -> deductions -> one or more alternative conclusions.

I just took a glance at your blog post, and it's reasonably clear now.
(Though I tend to try to avoid making substantive edits to blog posts
once they've been published and read; a codicil, or at very least an
italicized comment saying "(Edit: Actually, blah blah blah.)", is
clearer. Of course, trivial edits like typos can be corrected - nobody
would be bothered by those unexpectedly changing.) Posts to the
newsgroup/mailing list basically can't be edited, so the normal way to
acknowledge an error or correction is simply a follow-up post.

ChrisA