Instead of deciding between Python or Lisp for a programming intro course...What about an intro course that uses *BOTH*? Good idea?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Mon May 11 10:04:05 EDT 2015

Don't CS departments still have a computer languages survey class? When I
was a graduate student at Iowa in the early 80s, we had one. (It was, as I
recall, an upper level undergrad course. I didn't get into CS until
graduate school, so went back to filled in some missing stuff.) I don't
recall all the languages we touched on, but ISTR there were five or six. I
know we hit Lisp (today, it would likely be Scheme), and probably APL
(today it would probably be Python+Pandas, MATLAB, R, or something similar).

Skip