ANN: eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime 2.1.0

Cristiano Cortezia cristiano.cortezia at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:09:00 EDT 2015

Well I gave it a try, and it seems my assumptions were *somehow* true.
Here is what I got when running one of my apps in single shot mode (load,
run, terminate):

*default python distribution*
total time 9.022s
ENOENT's count 7377

*pyrun*
total time 8.455s
ENOENT's count 3064

So, it indeed failed much less to open files, but I guess this didn't make
that much difference after all (500ms).
Perhaps it is because this app has some external dependencies (22 to be
precise) not bundled on pyrun that had to be scanned by the interpreter
anyway. If by any means we could bundle them all the same way, than it
could bring a much higher performance gain. But I guess it is not really
safe-feasible.

Thanks