Instead of deciding between Python or Lisp for a programming intro course...What about an intro course that uses *BOTH*? Good idea?

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 13 17:55:21 EDT 2015

On 13/05/2015 22:38, Ian Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:07 PM, zipher <dreamingforward at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, and LISP is neither.  Although LISP is a functional style, that is only by appearance.  It's completely different from Haskell, which I would describe as a true functional language.  The difference is how the program is lexed in the mind or on the machine.  But that's too difficult to explain on this thread.
>
> And Fermat had a truly marvelous proof, which you would think
> wonderful, if only he had enough room in that infamous margin.

The RUE also has a marvellous proof that the PEP 393 FSR is complete
nonsense, but as it's so obvious to himself he's decided its not worth
sharing with anybody else.  What with that and this thread I therefore
conclude that both the RUE and zipher suffer from a very severe case of
Emperor's New Clothes Syndrome.

>> No, you haven't understood, padawan.
>
> *plonk*

You took your time over that :)