Question About Image Processing in Python

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at btinternet.com
Thu May 28 13:16:05 EDT 2015

On 28/05/15 11:34, Serge Christian Ibala wrote:

> I want to know which version of Python is compatible (or can be
> associated with which version of which "tools or package" for image
> processing)

It would help if you told us what kind of image processing.
If you mean programmatic manipulation of images similar
to what would be done using GIMP/Photoshop then the most
common tools are ImageMagick and Pillow. But you mention
neither, so I'm guessing you are looking at doing
something else - maybe trying to analyze content?

Given the list of tools you list I'd suggest fetching
an all-in-one distro like Anaconda or Canopy. That
way somebody else does the dependency dance for you.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site