python

Steven D'Aprano steve at pearwood.info
Fri May 29 09:40:46 EDT 2015

On Fri, 29 May 2015 10:42 pm, David Skardon wrote:

> Absolute rubbish tried all ways to run python keeps saying processor isn't
> compatible, I have a 6 core 6200 amd processor, so how does one install
> this program and get its minute brain to operate regards Dave

Clearly a genius like yourself has discovered our plot. Python is a
practical joke, it doesn't actually run for anyone. We all hand around here
pretending to have conversations about an imaginary programming language,
just to play a prank on people like you.

Nah, just kidding.

It sounds like you are trying to run a binary compiled for one CPU on a
different CPU, just like the error message says. I see in my crystal ball
that you downloaded the Mac version of Python and are trying to run it on
your Windows system, or perhaps it is the other way around, my crystal ball
sometimes gets things reversed like that.

Perhaps it would help if you would stop with the stupid insults about minute
brains and absolute rubbish, and instead describe your problem in more
detail. Starting with what platform you are using (e.g. 32 bit Windows XP,
64-bit Linux, something else?), what you did to install Python, where you
got it from, and the *exact* error message.

Then perhaps I can stop relying on my crystal ball and give you some more
useful advice.

--
Steven