Tcl/Tk for Python 3.6.0a3 on Os X 10.9.5

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Aug 2 15:08:50 EDT 2016

On 8/2/2016 4:21 AM, munozvvaleria at gmail.com wrote:

> I am new to the programming world but I need to learn this program
> for a research class that I am taking. I have downloaded Python
> 3.6.0a3 on a Mac 10.9.5 and realized that I also need to download an
> Active Tcl for it. I can't find one for this version. Can someone
> please direct me to it? The most recent one I've been able to find is
> for Python 3.5.2

This page https://www.python.org/download/mac/tcltk/
does not yet mention 3.6.  So I would start with the recommendation for
3.5.2: tcl/tk 8.5.18.

I believe Ned Deily hopes to switch to tcl/tk 8.6.x before 3.6.0 is
released.  If 8.5.18 does not work, I would try 8.6.whatever.  But I
don't believe the switch has been made yet.

--
Terry Jan Reedy