make an object read only

Antoon Pardon antoon.pardon at rece.vub.ac.be
Fri Aug 5 05:04:18 EDT 2016

Op 05-08-16 om 02:03 schreef Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
> On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 3:13:01 AM UTC+12, Robin Becker wrote:
>> A reportlab user found he was doing the wrong thing by calling
>> canvas.save repeatedly, our documentation says you should not use Canvas
>> objects after the save method has been used. The user had mixed results :(
> As GvR has said: “we’re all consenting adults here”.

No we are not. GvR only uses this when his desired level of protection is
lower than others. If the other's desired level of protection is lower than
GvR's the all consenting adults goes down the drain.

> In other words, we”re capable of coping with the consequences of our actions.

Which doesn't support anything. Python has features that makes it in some
situations easier to cope with those consequences than when that feature
wouldn't be present. So there is nothing wrong in argueing for a feature
that would do the same.

--
Antoon.