How do I make a video animation with transparent background?

Martin Schöön martin.schoon at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 07:12:36 EDT 2016

Den 2016-08-10 skrev Lawrence D’Oliveiro <lawrencedo99 at gmail.com>:
> On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 9:34:33 AM UTC+12, Martin Schöön wrote:
>> Next on my TODO list is to look into the color composition idea. I
>> have already looked this tutorial:
>> https://youtu.be/sZzmksnzrX0
>
> If the images you generate have an alpha channel, Blender can composite
> them directly, without needing colour-keying.

Colour-keying works in Blender -- I only need to tweak all those parameters
a bit more to get a satisfying end result.

Case closed and it was not a Python/Matplotlib issue.

I still need the animated numerical thing but drop it here. I will be
back with a separate thread/subject for that.

Again, thanks for the input.

/Martin