Can't find setuptools
alonso_oso at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 10 16:11:57 EST 2016
Hi, I'm trying to install the package py-webrtcvad (github.com/wiseman/py-webrtcvad) and running into problems. Here's a summary of what I've tried so far:
· Installed Python 3.5 and set up the Windows path environment so that it works from any directory.
· Installed pip for Python.
· Tried to install the package with python -m pip install webrtcvad, but it failed, returning the error "Unable to find vcvarsall.bat".
· I found a blog that seems to deal with the problem vcvarsall.bat problem: blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/pythonengineering/2016/04/11/unable-to-find-vcvarsall-bat/. Following the directions of that blog:
o I installed Visual C++ Build Tools 2015. I tried running the program again straight away (without updating setuptools) and I received a lot of error messages which I didn't write down.
o Following the directions in https://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools I removed the version of setuptools that came with my Python installation (v20), and installed the latest version (v30). This time the error message was "ImportError: No module named 'pip.utils.setuptools_build'".
o Asked for assistance in the Python official chat. They made three suggestions:
§ Updating pip with python -m pip install --upgrade pip. Didn't work. Again, the error "ImportError: No module named 'pip.utils.setuptools_build'".
§ Reinstalling Visual C++ Build Tools 2015. No difference, same error again.
§ Reinstalling Python itself. The Python installer offers three choices: Repair, modify and uninstall.
· Repair: Didn't work. Same error.
· Modify: Doesn't look like it offers useful modifications for this.
· Uninstall: Uninstalled and reinstalled. Still the same error.
I'm out of ideas. Can you help me?
More information about the Python-list