When will they fix Python _dbm?

clvanwall clvanwall at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 09:45:53 EST 2016

I have been a Perl programmer for 15+ years and decided to give Python a try.  My platform is windows and I installed the latest 3.5.2. Next I decided to convert a perl program that uses a ndbm database since according to the doc on python, it should be able to work with it.  Needless to say, I get: dbm.error: db type is dbm.ndbm, but the module is not available
Searching on Python Bug Tracker shows _dbm missing back in 03-03-2012!  That's a long time for a bug to be left open.
John Van Walleghen

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A