I need a lot of help...

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sun Dec 25 03:13:50 EST 2016

Peter Otten wrote:

> raulmaqueda6398 at gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I do not know how to do this exercise, does anyone help me?
>>
>> Define the matrix_range (m) function that returns the range of an array
>> calculated by the Gaussian method.
>>
>> It should work with any number of rows and columns. No punctuation will
>> be given to deliveries that do not respect this requirement.
>>

>> Operating example:

>> 3
>
> If this were not a homework problem you'd use numpy.linalg.matrix_range().

Of course Peter Pearson's hint applies to my answer. The above function
doesn't exist, it should be numpy.linalg.matrix_rank()

>>> numpy.linalg.matrix_rank([[1,0,0], [0,1,0], [0,0,1]])
3

which should not be confused with numpy.rank() that just returns the number
of dimensions:

>>> numpy.rank([[1,0,0], [0,1,0], [0,0,1]])
2
6